The Long-Term Capital Plan (“LTCP”) is a comprehensive planning tool that presents detailed enrolment projections and school utilization for a fifteen (15) year horizon. This plan will be used to guide accommodation planning at the Halton Catholic District School Board. The data provided in the LTCP is analyzed to:
1. Identify enrolment pressures such as over and under-utilization of schools and suggest preferred mechanisms for addressing these accommodation issues such as:
- School Boundary Reviews
- Administrative Program Reviews
- School additions and renovations
- Pupil Accommodation Reviews (PARs may result in school closures and consolidations as per Board’s Operating Policy I-09: School Accommodation Review – Consolidation/Closure)
- Proposing new schools
2. Identify potential partnership opportunities as per Board’s Operating Policy I-37: Community Planning and Facility Partnerships.
3. Identify future Capital Projects and potential future School Closure and Consolidation projects to be submitted in response to Ministry Funding announcements.
For more information, please visit: https://schoolplanning.hcdsb.org/long-term-capital-plan-2021/