The Board is currently undergoing a School Boundary Review Process to identify an accommodation plan for the expansion of the French Immersion Program in Milton.
We are writing to invite you to the Virtual Public Information Session #2 for the Milton Catholic Elementary Boundary Review to Accommodate French Immersion Expansion on Thursday, September 9, 2021 from 7:00 – 8:00 PM.
- The Town of Milton is a high growth community that continues to see new residential development, which results in high enrolment and accommodation pressures at existing Catholic elementary schools, as well as the need for new schools to meet demand in future development areas.
- Due to these accommodation pressures and the direction from the Board of Trustees to expand French Immersion programming for the 2021-2022 school year, a temporary alternate location was established at St. Peter CES for the 2021-2022 school year only.
- Under the current status quo, St. Scholastica Catholic Elementary School is approaching and could likely exceed site capacity in the 2021-2022 school year, while St. Peter Catholic Elementary School has sufficient space to temporarily accommodate a two (2) class French Immersion expansion for Milton in the 2021-2022 school year.
- On March 16, 2021, the Board of Trustees approved a motion to undertake the expansion of the French Immersion Program by satisfying all registrations annually in each region each year starting in 2022-2023.
- As a response to these concerns, the Board initiated an Elementary School Boundary Review for the Town of Milton and established a School Boundary Review Committee (SBRC), whose goal is to identify solutions to accommodate an expanded French Immersion program in Milton.
- On June 3, 2021, the School Boundary Review Committee presented three potential boundary options and gathered feedback from the community. Based on the public feedback received from the community, the School Boundary Review Committee arrived at a recommended boundary.
Virtual PIM #2 – Event Details
After reviewing feedback from the community, the SBR Committee is recommending a preferred boundary option that will be presented at the Virtual PIM #2.
The Virtual PIM #2 will be live streamed and available through this link on September 9th at 7:00 p.m.: https://youtu.be/5ZTBJhzIMBw
Submit Your Question!
Parents will be able to submit their questions in advance through the Virtual PIM #2 – Online Form. Responses to questions will be answered during the Virtual PIM #2 on September 9th.
For more information, please visit our School Planning website.