The Board is currently undergoing a School Boundary Review Process to determine the school boundaries for the new North Oakville #4 Catholic Elementary School.
You can now access the Virtual Public Information Meeting for the North Oakville #4 Catholic Elementary School Boundary Review here.
- On October 20, 2020, the Ministry of Education approved funding for North Oakville #4 CES.
- North Oakville #4 CES is located in the new residential development area of North Oakville, within the North Oakville East Secondary Plan. The North Oakville development area community contains many low and medium-density residential developments. Approximately 12,600 residential units, of varying densities, are expected from the North Oakville community.
- Currently, all elementary students within the North Oakville community are being accommodated at St. Gregory the Great CES for JK to Grade 8. However, St. Gregory the Great CES is nearing site capacity and cannot accommodate future students from the North Oakville community. St. Gregory the Great CES is projected to exceed site capacity by 2024 due to development pressures and the potential expansion pressures from optional programming demands (i.e. French Immersion program).
- As a response to the above concerns, Board staff initiated a New Development/Holding Area Administrative School Boundary Review Process involving St. Gregory the Great CES on May 4, 2021.
- On June 28, 2021, the School Boundary Review Committee met virtually and reviewed the current school boundaries and several proposed school boundaries for North Oakville. The Committee moved to present Option 2 as the preferred proposed boundary option to the community for feedback.
Review the Option & Complete the Survey!
The School Boundary Review Committee are presenting the proposed boundary option to the community to gather feedback.
The feedback gathered will be shared with the School Boundary Review Committee at the next committee working meeting. Once the SBR Committee selects the preferred proposed boundary, it will be provided to Board staff to review and be presented to the Board of Trustees for consideration and approval.
Thank you for your time and interest in the North Oakville #4 Catholic Elementary School Boundary Review. We look forward to receiving your feedback.