At the November 16th Regular Board Meeting, the recommended boundary option for the Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School was approved
See the final action report here.
- On July 23, 2020, the Ministry of Education approved funding for Milton #10 CES. The school is currently under construction and is anticipated to be ready for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School is located in the new residential development area of Boyne, in the southern part of the Town of Milton urban boundary. Approximately 16,900 residential units are expected for the Boyne community consisting of many low and medium-density residential developments.
- Currently, all elementary students within the Boyne community are being accommodated at St. Scholastica CES for JK to Grade 8 (2021-2022 school year boundary map). However, St. Scholastica CES is projected to exceed site capacity by the 2021-2022 school year due to development pressures and the expanding French Immersion program.
- As a response to the above noted accommodation concerns, Board staff initiated a New Development/Holding Area Administrative School Boundary Review Process involving St. Scholastica CES on May 4, 2021.
- The Milton #10 CES facility will be used as a holding school for St. Kateri Tekakwitha CSS (Formerly Milton #3 CSS) until the new secondary school building is complete. This boundary change is being proactively sought in anticipation of the Milton #10 CES future transition from a holding school to a JK to Grade 8 school and to address accommodation pressures at St. Scholastica CES.
There were two main goals of the Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School Boundary Review Process:
- Review the school attendance boundaries for St. Scholastica CES to establish school boundaries for Milton #10 CES; and
- Complete the review with implementation to take effect for September 2022, to alleviate enrolment pressures at St. Scholastica CES, and to ensure that elementary students from the Boyne new development area are directed to their home school, Milton #10 CES.
What Does This Mean?
The approved boundaries, as presented in Appendix B of the Action Report, will take effect for the 2022-2023 school year. The new boundaries will redirect areas of the Boyne community, East of Regional Road 25, from St. Scholastica CES to Milton #10 CES. Students attending Grade 7 at St. Scholastica CES in the 2021-2022 school year, and who live within the new Milton #10 CES boundary will be grandfathered at St. Scholastica CES for the 2022-2023 school year for Grade 8.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Milton #10 CES building being used temporarily as a holding school for St. Kateri Tekakwitha CSS students for the 2022-23 and 2023-2024 school years, JK-Grade 7 students in the Milton #10 CES catchment in the 2022-2023 school year and JK-Grade 8 students in the Milton #10 CES catchment in the 2023-2024 school year may be directed to a holding school temporarily until the Milton #10 CES building is available for elementary students. At this time, there is a lack of available classroom space at existing elementary schools in the Town of Milton. Board staff is actively looking at options to hold Milton #10 CES elementary students in the interim.
For more information on the Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School Boundary Review, please visit the HCDSB School Planning website.
Thank you for your interest in the Milton #10 Catholic Elementary School Boundary Review.