The projects listed below include future tentative Board’s actions that will be required over the long-term to meet the accommodation and program needs of the Board’s students. Note, the implementation of listed processes will align with Board policies and procedures.
The purpose of listing these projects well in advance allows the public and municipal stakeholders across the Board’s jurisdiction to review the future plans for the Boards, opening the door for potential collaborations with stakeholders, and aligning capital plan timelines.
These projects include the following types of projects:
- New capital projects in developing areas of the Halton Region that require new pupil places to meet growth demands;
- Pupil Accommodation Reviews in areas of declining enrolment, when empty pupil places could be removed to enhance efficiencies (Note – Moratorium currently in place);
- School Boundary Reviews in areas where enrolment can be re-balanced to address over and under utilization rates at schools;
- Administrative Program Reviews in areas where enrolment can be re-balanced through optional programming changes only, based on Senior Administrative decisions;
- Renewal Projects for specific schools that require capital works for maintenance purposes, classroom enhancements, program enhancements, or capacity enhancements;
- Schools with Underutilized Spaces are schools that are still needed to provide pupil accommodations and operate as a viable schools, but have excess space that can be utilized with approved community partners to fill empty spaces no longer needed for school accommodation.